V3 - Zebra Stripes + Environment Maps?

Hi Clay,

Just to reinforce what Michael mentioned. I use the metallic lighting option and it does help find malformed surfaces. I also rotate around objects by using the area feature. You just select the item you want and place the rectangular window around it. You can then rotate about that point in space. I have found that if something is not displaying right in MoI then it is also created poorly. So in my experience if it looks good with metallic lighting then it is good. Also, I used to have the Zebra option in Autodesk Inventor and really found it nothing more than an interesting toy. It really didn't help me in any way. But maybe that is just me.

Lastly, if you do find a surface/solid was not created right, you can delete it and rebuild the lines/curves/arcs used to create them. Trying different combinations of points fixes the problem for me. I am now by default rebuilding all arcs with 9 points and that seems to fix all issues I have had in the past, when not rebuilding objects. Sometimes rebuilding circles with 36 points helps me out. Adding points to curves can help too.

Anthony