another little hint

5003.8 In reply to 5003.1 
Hi Mike, like Pilou mentions above, please post the 3DM model file as an attachment here instead of just a screenshot.

With the actual 3DM model file I can then do various things like examine your geometry looking for issues by zooming in and rotating to different angles and stuff like that which is all not possible to do with just a screenshot image.

Also if you are running into a bug then it helps if I can do the same steps over here to repeat the problem so I can test solutions - I can do that if you attach the 3DM model file of your actual objects but I can't do that with just a screenshot.

So there are numerous ways that it helps to be able to access the 3DM model file that has the objects in it that you are asking your question about - with only a screenshot to go by often times I just have to take a wild guess about what you might be running into.

How was it that you placed the spheres onto the surface, was it using the Flow command? There is a bug in the Flow command when transforming an object that has a pinched together "pole" type zone like a sphere does, so if you used Flow to position those spheres then that would be the problem - the spheres in that case are basically damaged in that pole area with a little bit of a self overlapping area and stuff with self intersections causes problems with the "inside" and "outside" portions of the volume not being defined very clearly anymore.

If I had the 3DM model file to look at though I would be able to see if that was actually your problem or not though, it could be something totally different.

EDIT: I guess that was not it since you mention array curve in your second message which I just saw. Is your base object a closed solid or an open surface? That's again another thing that I would be able to check on if I was able to load in the actual 3DM model file with your objects in it.

- Michael