Clean export to Modo

4978.30 In reply to 4978.28 
Hi andrew - I think that possibly Steve's one worked ok because he used a different way to set up the reflectivity - probably something like just a material property and not reflectivity coming from a texture map.

I guess that N-gons in Modo do not work ok for the particular combination of render features that you are using there. I don't really know what more I can tell about that, you would probably need to contact Luxology to get more specific information on it and to see if it's something that can be fixed up over there or not.

I'm not really sure what I would do from the MoI side to improve that, other than some completely different "all quad" meshing mechanism which is of course a tremendous amount of work and not something like just a tune-up or bug fix...

You could probably verify that it's a Modo-specific problem by drawing the same n-gons just directly inside of Modo, they should likely exhibit the same problem whether you drew them in Modo or whether you imported them from MoI.

But for now anyway if your issues are solved by using Quads & Triangles instead of N-gons then that's the way to go.

- Michael