Clean export to Modo

I've generated a basic curved knob with filleted corners in MOI and I'm trying to export the cleanest mesh possible for rendering in Modo 501. I'm using the brushed aluminium stock material that comes with Modo and doing a cylindrical map around the knob, ignoring the top of the knob and the position marking for now, since even this first UV map is failing.

Are people actually having any luck exporting n-gons from MOI and getting them to render properly in Modo? Every type of n-gon export I've tried fails and leaves holes in the mesh. I've attached a bunch of them different exports but they all have vertical thin lines where the mesh doesn't join. As far as I can tell there is a problem with "T" junctions of the one quad with another, as shown in all the screenshots.

I can export as tris and quads and it makes a mess with many tiny slivers of mesh that are really hard to select or do anything with for UV mapping. I run a merge tool in Modo on the vertices and this helps clean up some of the messy mesh slivers, but the result is still pretty messy all up, but at least it works. Is this what people are having to do with Modo to get things to render properly?

I've attached the .3dm of the knob with all the different phase of its generation along the way, and I was very careful to keep everything perfection aligned and cleanly generated.