Quads only?

4923.8 In reply to 4923.7 
What? Aren't we in 2012 yet? I've grown up with the idea that by now machines would be smarter than humans. Damn TV. I'm disappointed... :)

Seriously now. At this point I'm not looking for an "all quads with optimal edge flow topology same as hand drawn"... button (well, yes, I'm looking for that, but only if I was the only one who knew about it :). In this particular case I'm looking for things that pretty much exist, because I've seen them somewhere else, but what would make the difference for me is to have some of those things combined together in certain way.

Groboto for example generates a mesh far from ideal, or not even valid depending on what you want to do with it later on, but good enough for certain things that I would be doing with it in some cases. If the time saving to model with Groboto instead of in a poly modeling package is worth it, I can deal with that resulting mesh. Best case scenario (on paper), a huge time saver. Again, just in certain situations when that's what I need. It's all very case specific, and there's not one solution for every situation, but that's what I'm trying to evaluate. The same thing applies to Moi...

Thanks again for your support. Very appreciated!