Fillet help

4903.6 In reply to 4903.3 
Hi Laurent - your object is quite small in numeric size - it's only about 0.1 units across at its largest dimension and then it looks like you're probably filleting some small piece of that so you must be using some particularly small fillet radius like around 0.0001 units or something similar to that?

That kind of small sized stuff can tend to cause additional problems - I'd generally recommend not using fillet sizes below 0.02 units or so. Some areas of MoI target an accuracy of 0.001 for the results of operations that involve approximating curves to some tolerance, and if the entire surface that you are dealing with is also right in that same size range it will cause some confusion in the algorithms.

So for an object like this it's better to have the whole object at a much larger numeric size, probably 100 times larger than what you have here currently. So for example use centimeter units for an object like this rather than meters as your overall unit system. That will then give you numbers that are not so small.

I can't verify that solves your particular problem because I'm not really sure which particular edge of the model you were trying to fillet, the 3DM file that you posted had a lot of objects in it and was zoomed out to look at all of them so I can't tell which particular edge of which particular object you were having problems with.

But if you are typically creating things at this small of a numeric scale then that is likely causing you additional problems - if you switch to centimeter units and target numbers that are more in a range of say 10 or 100 for the full object size and down to 0.1 or so for the small features that will tend to work a lot better.

- Michael