Shelling troubles...

Hi Michael and Jesse,

Well, I am accustomed to having quite austere interface in Rhino and using aliases solely, but in MoI I have got used to calling commands by the big-big buttons and it seems very natural to me. ( I'd still be interested to get a way of defining more than one-letter shortcuts, though. )

I guess the size of button is the reason for natural workflow with UI since I can start moving a mouse cursor exactly towards the particular button/tab and click it with only cursory glance at the side pane. On the other hand, I have adapted Help menu for me by adding new command/script items like ScaleArray and so forth. But it appears to be too clumsy and I often chase after specific item for a while before picking the one. So menu ( without big-big icons :) is somehow uncomfortable to me...

I think the command palette - with proper header name - which would be collapsed on default and would collapse itself after clicking on a button inside it, could be reasonable for less commonly used commands. If there wasn't space enough in the side pane, other palletes would collapse/expand appropriatelly so layout of the side pane would look identically before/after using those commands.

Btw, from my point of view the File menu come under a group of less commonly used commands, but there is a list of recently used files so I guess it would be difficult to handle it in a different manner...

Petr