New Mac OSX public beta Jan-31-2012 available now

4879.40 In reply to 4879.36 
Hi dinos, so I mean I guess I would say things more clearly like this -

I would certainly understand your concern about the layering of the internal architecture if there was some sluggishness or performance problems and a cause for those performance issues needed to be located.

What I don't understand is why you are worried about it when it should be easy for you to see yourself just with basic direct use of the app that such a systematic performance problem does not exist?

I mean why would I do a ton of work on rearchitecting things to solve a problem that isn't there in the first place?

Is your machine behaving vastly different from the machines I'm using over here? I mean over here basic stuff happens totally instantly - when I move the mouse over the UI the UI is very responsive, buttons highlight instantly. Collapsing or expanding a palette happens instantly, when drawing a circle or a sphere in the viewport for example the viewport display instantly updates in response to movement of my mouse.

Is what you experience so totally different from what I've seen over here?

The one exception is that there is a performance problem on window resizing, I am still planning on doing some work on that. Other than that though, why worry about basic performance with event handling when it seems to be so clear that it's not an issue?

- Michael