What do I have to do to get a clean surface from the network command in MOI? Please help....

4847.3 In reply to 4847.1 
Other than that, I guess you're just trying to do some shapes that MoI's curve fitter is generating some little tiny wiggles in the rebuilt curve when - like I mentioned before that is an area that I want to try and improve in v3.

The results that you are seeing have some little tiny wiggles in them, it basically makes a little tiny bump in the surface.

Maybe you will get better results doing these kinds of networks in Rhino right now until this area is improved in MoI.

MoI is still not really at a point where stylized surfacing has really been fully refined yet - the main focus in MoI has been more on 2D curves and construction using booleans, since that's a kind of easier overall construction technique to learn.

It looks like you are not really using that "2D curves and booleans" type toolset but instead are just doing freeform surfaces with networks of 3D curves swooping around. MoI's toolset for that different style of modeling has just not been fully fleshed out yet - if you want to model in that kind of all swoopy surface type stuff you will probably have more success right now in Rhino where there are some other tools that can help with that more advanced style of surface modeling.

I do want to make some improvements in that area of the toolset for MoI v3 though.

- Michael