Network surface

481.55 In reply to 481.54 
Well, I was able to reduce the size of the bump in the new tangent preserving sweep when it collapses down to a point, but I was not able to completely remove it. It is a pretty tiny bump so I think for many purposes it is ok, but it does mess up stuff like shelling and offsets. I'm still going to keep this new tangent preserving mode as an option because it will work nicely for certain situations, and there isn't any bump in situations where the rails don't collapse down to a point.

Joe wrote:
> I would also like to toss in a vote for the 3-rail sweep method Tyglik posted an image of.

Yup, I'm working on this next. So far I've got it working with one-rail sweep, here is an example.
Regular one-rail sweep:

One-rail sweep with new scaling curve set:

Basically this allows you to have another curve drawn which gives a scale factor to the sweep profile as it moves along the main sweep rail. This can be nice because previously to get this type of a shape you would have to make a whole bunch of different sized cross-sections for the sweep. It is a lot easier to have one additional guide curve to control this type of thing instead.

It should be pretty similar for 2-rail sweep - that's next.

- Michael