Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.213 In reply to 4801.212 
hi barry,

there are four profile positions in total. for the file in question, if you turn on the 'imported geometry layer' and the 'projected airfoils' layer you will see all four positions. the 'comparison geometry' layer i just copied over what it seemed like you were outputting. to make it easier to compare to your work.

i want to update this model again, to match the current version of prop design. however, i'm thinking it would be better to use the new a400m straight blade geometry. it doesn't have that bend at the tip but performances about the same. in reality, i don't think the bent blade would actually achieve the predicted performance anyways, due to the bend. there really isn't a way to manufacture the bend that would match prop design. unfortunately, this is a case where prop design modelling the blade as a line is an issue when you try to go to reality.

i can still work with the bent blade if you want. let me know what you would prefer.

for karsten's question. i can't duplicate what you are seeing. i get 64 points for all the rails, using the default settings of 13, 50, 1. let me know how you were seeing those odd results. just to make sure you weren't talking about the significant digits, i checked the source code write formatting and they are all the same. G25.17 is the default format for the output numbers.