Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.165 In reply to 4801.164 
hi brian,

i was wondering about something. i like the latest version of your script. but i was thinking it may be a lot easier if it started the process by asking which input file you wanted to use and then created the geometry. so it would be a little bit like the import point file script as far as how it starts up asking you to select a file. but after that the geo would just appear and that would be the end of the script.

the reason i think this would be easier is that you wouldn't have to transfer all the inputs from the input file to the moi html window. i have been working on PROP_DESIGN over the last few weeks and released a new version. PROP_DESIGN_GEO has been renamed PROP_DESIGN_XYZ. I took all the geometry creation parts out of the original code. So they now only exist in PROP_DESIGN_XYZ. This allowed me to package PROP_DESIGN_XYZ without causing confusion.

The basic process works by PROP_DESIGN_OPT determining the optimum geometry and creating an input file for PROP_DESIGN_XYZ. This is the same input file that you could read into your script, since it contains all the values you need.

Another option could be that you have inputs in an html window in MoI but the inputs would be for PROP_DESIGN_OPT. The code would run and generate the input file you need to make the geo. The only problem with this is that it takes several minutes for PROP_DESIGN_OPT to run. So I don't think that would be the best option.

The prop_design.zip file on my website contains all the source code and input files you would need to play with.

http://propdesign.weebly.com/primary-download.html

Note that I added a new input at the end of the input files. However, you don't need to use that input for what you are doing. It's there for reference right now.