Anyone wish to develop a custom script?

4801.113 In reply to 4801.112 
Hi Anthony, :-)

I'll remove the .75 and .835 from the code for the spline.

>Also a long time ago burrman and Michael found that you couldn't have the le and te be two arcs. Which is what I had. It would be like mirroring the two that you have in there. So I mirror the spline then make the arcs, so that they are one arc for the le and one for the te. You can do this easily from what you have generated.

Edit: Okay, I think I see your point now. A mirrored half arc (even if joined,) has different control points from one full arc.
It should be possible to easily adjust the arc creation code, to do so. Just start on the tangent point, and make the stop point the tangent point adjusted with negative Y value.

>wouldn't it have been easier to just enter the tangent point i added into the array?
Yes, this is true, if the points are on the arc, (or within .001 ?). But initially, did not have the data point, and later the two points did not quite lie on the arc, so got started trying to figure out how to script the arcs and tangent points, to be more or less "exact".
If you like, I can make a version using your given tangent points, if they are within "tolerance"? (for a reduced code linecount.)

EDITED: 2 Jan 2012 by BEMFARMER