Blend question

4757.2 In reply to 4757.1 
Hi Luis - I don't think you need to worry about the seam - that kind of structure you have there will have obvious separate surfaces even though the blends are technically smooth because you have such a large difference in shape between the middle section (with it being squished) and the end sections being fully round.

Also just having one section of the shape completely striaght and all other parts curvy will also make that completely straight section stand out as a distinct piece as well, no matter what kind of other shape you have coming off the ends of it.

In order to make any shape have not so distinctly separate parts to it, you usually need to make the whole shape more continuously gradually changing rather than having areas where the shape is fixed and then only changes abruptly in certain areas.

Usually that kind of gradual change is easeist to do by creating one larger single surface through more of the whole shape rather than doing little bits and pieces of it separately.

Something more like this using Loft:

To make it smoothly connect to other adjacent pieces at the end you can then use Fillet or leave some space and use Blend.

Let me know if that's not the kind of result that you had in mind.

Now don't get me wrong - this does not mean that you want to create every single model out of only 1 surface. But portions of the model that you want to look like one seamless smooth thing which do not have any abrupt changes in them are usually a sign that they should be made up of 1 surface. When there is a tight corner-like bend in some area, then that's something like a fillet that you want to have as a connection between 2 larger surfaces.

- Michael