Majik Tutorial: Telephone Cord

> It looks like you've got just enough space between each one that the profile twists enough until it hit the next one that it gets confused about how to match up the segments between profile. It tries to connect up segments between profiles to minimize distance between them.

Fleetfoot, Michael is right. I had to add so many extra segments (a set for each quadrant) because the Sweep command wanted to shift the segment start position based on each profile, and it looked like your example.

It appears that you have found an additional and important consideration when making a sweep for this type of object:

If the pitch of the helix increases, so does the "jump" distance between the profiles that Sweep has to negotiate.
Thus, the solution is to either 1) maintain a slower pitch. Or 2) Add additional profiles in the in-between areas to make the "jump" distance smaller for Sweep.
Notice how I made duplicate profiles in the North-West-East-South areas. Adding more copies in tighter areas, like NW-SW-SE-NE will shorten the gap that Sweep has to jump.

Michael, I don't know if this was a coherent enough explanation to exbound on your above statement... I know exactly what is happening, but I don't really know how to describe it. :-/