Free Maxwell for SketchUp

4677.9 In reply to 4677.8 
Hello m-dynamics,

Thank you! I never forget that any 3D rendering is always a flat 2D perspective, just an 2D image in pixels.

I use STRATA & BRYCE since a long time ago, & between a quick RAYTRACING & a very long RADIOSITY, the difference is not often useful or necessary; almost to present a project to a client, same in final or to print documents in offset. Same! I prefer a good & very fast raytracing very clean (with sharp shadows), to a calculation in radiosity that doesn't give more information, but that gone to be greedy in RAM & in time for nothing.

I remember me, at beginning, when the first Macintosh CX are arrived, we ran a calcul the friday's evening, to have one small image for Monday's morning. That was crazy! And in PHONG, I believe; because the Raytracing is arrived some years after. When I showed drafts (sketches; 1st step of one study) under Bryce, the customer thought that was executive files yet.
Otherwise, Bryce has been used often in the first 3D movies or 3D games, & for a lot of images in press, fashion, packaging and others advertisings. The quality of renderings was not bad, same with Bryce 1 (now 7). With Bryce, it's easy to make anything very fastly, but to do that you want, it's an other stuff. Yeah! And many have realized hyper realistic incredible scenes. It's pity, I don't remember the name of this fantastic first game enterely renders with Bryce, the images was breathtakingly beautiful.

Anyway, yes, it's a question of choice (we have the choice now) & also a professional expérience. But where are the customers or the companies ready to paid correctly the designers? ... hum! I would to play on Atari to space invaders! Big pixel, 8 colors, RAM 64ko, floppy disk, no 3D... But good wages, good food, full work anywhere, and low prices everywhere...
We know what we lose, not what we find.