Fabric TOC in MoI

4656.8 In reply to 4656.7 
Hello Mickael,

Yes, we have to understand & to make the différence between, what is a "Regular Flow" & what is a "Projective Flow".

It must to understand the adjective "PROJECTIVE" as mathematical term, from "PROJECTION"; & "REGULAR" as a other process, method, form, formula or calcul, that obeys to a RULE, a law, a norm, or one regularity. These 2 formulas or manners to project something, don't give, of course, the same result or consistency.
PROJECTIVE (Adj.) = That acts & reacts by "differential projection"; that be planned, organized following its character of start or beginning. So the différences are the result (outcome) of a short, minimal or minor displacement on a bit or piece, of the target surface selected. That doesn't mean that the deformation will not more enormous, but more target.

We have to take in consideration what kind or sort of déformation we want to obtain, to get or to reach. In my example of TOC, HAT, CAP, I prefer the "Regular Flow" or "Regular Deformation", I am not sure to want a nearly, closed déformation from my objet of start, it's not the effect that I searched, nor the idea that I had in the head. In Art, there is a part of random that we search to make that we could to call "happy artefacts (artifacts)", that we try after, to reproduce (that way creates that we call "a style").

As we see, the "Regular Flow" create regular shape, a average repartition along & through the totality of the target surface; whereas the "Projective Flow" or "Projective Deformation" goes to create a distortion conditionned by first, the objet of Start, & in second, by the "differential target space", more or less selected.

This "differential" is a important notion inherent to the "Projective Deformation". We havn't this calcul of "differential" in the "Regular Flow", because the deformation is applied with regularity, same repartition, on all the target surface, not on one "differential space"... We know that a "differential" is a "pourcent, a gap, distance, marging, &c"... As in a gearbox...
So, understand the concept of differential, it's understand enough the function "Projective FLow", & after we can do something with full knowledge of the facts... It's that, the real freedom or Liberty. I like to be free...

Correct me if I say "enormities" (pieces of utter, nonsenses). I search always to understand clearly the principles to illuminate my Liberty; so after it's easy to understand "background & form".

EDITED: 31 Oct 2011 by BFM