Beginner: Help with blend

4653.21 In reply to 4653.20 
""""""""you've really gotten the hang of the "get the modeling done quickly" kind of vibe!""""""""""

Well, I think thats what has come to be the norm, but I was refering earlier to "less effective". We always see some guy modeling a fancy car and say "WHOA!" and learn nothing about the software. I think the 3 tutes get glossed over, but they pretty much cover everything! I'm still not sure if I could make a good "training video".. I think sometimes when I slow down and start talking, I may be making it more confusing for someone who is trying to learn something. I think this may be the conundrum also. Someone like Grendel doesnt need to hear or see me say "First, I draw a construction line... This is a helper line for creating geometry", but may watch a few things blaze by and think, "Oh, that was a neat trick, I never used that like that before"... But someone learning the software would have to "Pause... Look.....Review help file....Pause...Return later....""" to understand the blazing video, but would benefit from "This is a construction line" type stuff...

Oh well. For now I can just illustrate something very specific, without much effort. I was trying to emphasis "solids" with that last one.

I was trying to avoid "Fixing" his "how do I cap this area" model and just show how a different workflow would make better results... If he would like me to cap his other model, I'll make that one also. (I'll speak in that one Majik!)