System Spec

4643.2 In reply to 4643.1 
Hi Steve, really MoI has pretty minimal system specs, it should run fine on a 3 year old laptop.

Have you possibly adjusted some of the settings in MoI? There is an option in MoI under Options > View > Meshing parameters - make sure you have not set the value for "Mesh angle" to be lower than 10 degrees.

You can also try increasing the value to 25 degrees and uncheck the "Add details to inflections" checkbox to make display meshes be a bit coarser but there will also be a speed increase that goes along with that.

Also turning off hidden line display can speed things up as well.

But in general I'd normally expect for a 3 year old laptop to be able to run things fine, what size of file are you working with that you consider reasonable complexity?

> Is there any main issues I should aware of importing into C4D.

Transfer from MoI to Cinema4D usually goes quite smoothly.

You should use OBJ format for the transfer and you can use n-gons if you want, C4D seems to handle n-gons quite well.

Make sure you have not disabled vertex normals importing, it's important to have vertex normals transfer over to get nice quality smooth shading.

You may want to set a scale factor for the export from MoI under Options > Import/Export > OBJ options - one little quirk is that the import into C4D seems to come in at a somewhat smaller size than things are usually constructed at in C4D so to make a better match for the default render settings in C4D for stuff like bias factors and whatnot you may want to set a scale factor of 100 or something.

Then the only other thing that I can think of is that if you want to have colors preserved from styles that you have assigned in MoI you need to get the Riptide OBJ I/O plug-in on the C4D side to handle the OBJ import to preserve those, the only problem with Cinema's default OBJ importer is that it does not read in the material information.

But for the most part there is usually not a lot to worry about with transfers into Cinema4D using OBJ format.

- Michael