Sub-div companion 2 Moi?

Hi,

I've started looking at Silo and 3D-Coat and came across a suberb tutorial. (http://nevercenter.com/silo/tutorials/glen_minotaur/) If you're a newbie like me, IT'S SCARY, the ten part video last over 5 hours and that's by a guy with obviously a lot of experience. I can't imagine how much time it would take for me to get to even as low as 25% of is level. At least now I understand what box modeling is all about and it's a lot of work. But on the other hand, one can basically create whatever model he/she wants using this approach.

Though the work I intend to do at least for now, is most likely much less demanding, more kind of 2.5D stuff. Still, one day I'd like to do something like this for example (not to copy it but create my own of course).

Still got plenty of looking around to do (and learning) and I'm still not decided yet on which program I'll use to translate my work into gcode.

Also, at this time I'd be interested in somekind of workflow ideas and/or examples (newbie stuff) which would include using Moi of course in order to get my hand dirty on stuff like above one day.

Thanks to all for their replies,
Felix
Attachments: