Pineapple

this is a case were a repetitive pattern can be tileable and flowed.It's very difficult to draw a pineapple's pattern because dipend by the age of it,and the shape is not regular.Could be pentagonal ,exagonal,flat or bumpy or not tileable by software at all.So i decided for an arrangement:

Pattern is made by 3 components: brown is an exagonal loft trunkated in the middle,green are 3 networks joined and the little central leave network too.
after copying,i made a different orientation for the little leave to obtain a random shape and give some more casuality

now flow surface target:to prevent compression on the poles i revolved just a piece of curve,on the top will be the leaves group but now i need just half pineapple

all stuff is on XY plane (like Michael told answering me in the -STRAW TO DRINK- post )

this is the first top part.I flowed brown,green and little leaves not simultaneously but 3 times,one for each group

bottom part

I waited lot of time when flowed GREEN part.i Rebuilt curves before network them and after flowed they become HEAVY

I tried to open all 4 flowed parts but the last didn't shown completely

I have Win 7 Professional 64 bit and 8 Giga ram DDR2,GTX 460 1Giga video memory but slow down dipended by file size:see below...

then export in C4D one by one, i choose each of four parts =60.000 polygons

So 330 MB filesize...i think times are ready to implementing an istance system in Moi instead of improve CPU core's usage.In my case i have to model the leaves group separately...too heavy !
I'm sure that Moi is not only a nurbs modeler for simple mechanical pieces or few network surfaces. V-2 bring a layer system with it,basically to manage many parts,so now an istancing or something else to draw and manage a lot of stuff.Any way you'll choose Michael will bring benefits to us.

--------------------------

OK guys:summer is gone but in my virtual world never end:let's go party!!

Cheers:Mauro