Flow Test

4487.55 In reply to 4487.54 
Hello Michael,

Ah yes, sorry "objet" to define a "group", was not the right word.
Here that I call a "group" is something that doesn't exist in MoI (Lol).

We wait this function that consists to merge or link together several not contiguous (adjacent or adjoining) objets, in only one element, entity, component, unit, by boolean union or one group of objets, by association (the function "combine, unite"). By example the point on the "i" should to be one thing & not 2 things.

We should to take a "group" and align it with one another objet. This thing is impossible to do in MoI, isn't it?

So, a group (several interdependent objets joined in one = Union, or Unit), like a logo = 1 thing, one element composed or combined with several objets (not a pattern, a motif = repetition of the same group of objets), is very hard to deform on a half-sphere (or other form). It's that I would to say.

How can we control, where this "group" goes to the surface of destination? I ask this question because, of course, I don't understand well how runs the new "FLOW" function.

To call of "group" it's a deformation by the work on Illustrator & many others softwares.

I took the example of a logo, but with a simple only one TORUS on a sphere, half-sphere or portion of sphere it's the same thing. How can we get a perfect circle well bended? That is the question.

If we put a square base surface under this TORUS, it arrives very strange things (bug). If we put a circle under this TORUS that runs, but to get a good bending out of shape, it's problematic. What solution? How to control well, the position of destination? ...

Thanks you, I go to read all about "FLOW".