Flow weirdness

4474.10 In reply to 4474.9 
Hi Mike,

> The easiest example I could think of at the moment would be
> block type being flowed on a surface with convolutions in all
> directions.

Well I mean do you have an actual model example that would match with what you're describing here?

Like for example what kind of object do you want to create where you would need this particular thing in order to finish it.

I understand that it's possible to come up with some theoretical shapes that would require it - but I'm more interested to know how this would have helped some of your already existing modeling work rather than just how it would enable some esoteric theoretical situation.

For example, are there any physical objects that have these characteristics which that particular option would help to create? If you have any links to examples like that it would help!

Basically if I can understand how a new option opens up a new avenue of usefulness for things that people actually are trying to build, then that carries a lot more weight than just "it would be kind of cool"...

Adding too many things that are primarily based on "cool factor" and not on actual "usefulness factor" is a pretty good way to end up with a complex UI that is loaded with stuff that only applies to special case situations.

The problem is that a complex UI comes with a cost in reduced ease of use.

- Michael