Flow

4442.19 In reply to 4442.18 
Hi Burr,

> It could be useful to not have to disassemble the model to have the option....

You wouldn't necessarily have to disassemble it and reassemble it again - select the piece you want and do Ctrl+c to copy it to the clipboard, then hide the full model and paste in the piece that you'll modify and throw away when you're finished. Meanwhile the original piece stays as one whole thing so you don't have to reassemble stuff.

Let me know if you end up doing that frequently and those steps could likely be automated with a script of some kind.

On the other hand if it's something that you only need to do every once in a while then doing 3 steps or so instead of a having special option is not really a problem.

I know you guys like to have things done in fewer steps, but there is a tradeoff - it's not very good if you are presented with a giant panel of options making things look like a 747 control panel even if each button does some cool combination of what would otherwise take a couple of steps. When the UI gets clogged up with a ton of stuff a whole lot of other people aren't able to just run the basic stuff anymore because things tend to get lost in the mess.

But if there are things that you end up doing repeatedly in sequence, I can most likely cook up a plug-in that will help to streamline it for you.

- Michael