V3 beta Aug-24-2011 available now

4438.83 In reply to 4438.80 
Hi Greg,

> I guess my issue is with knowing what IS available as I work.

Well, for the most part those plug-ins are to help with pretty specific special case type work.

> My modeling techniques (mostly because of my Solidworks
> background) tend to lean heavily on basic tools, extrudes,
> revolves, sweeps etc.

There is a pretty good chance that really none of the plug-ins would particularly help you with this kind of work though.

Can you give an example of say one particular plug-in that you have already found useful or that you think you will need to use in the future?

In general if something has a widely applicable use, I try to incorporate those into the standard tools instead of only as a plug-in.

> Nothing worse than spending hours working around something
> there's a script for.

If you run into something where it looks like a special tool would help you save several hours of work, I'd recommend posting a question about it here in the forum. That way you can get an answer that will direct you to the right tool if there is one that matches what you need, or it may give me some idea on how to make a new plugin or even how to improve the standard toolset to help with what you are trying to do.

> but to find that script (by accident) spending hours reading
> through forums, which I typically don't have much spare time for.)

You can start your own new thread for your question so you can just look at it for a reply instead of searching through the whole forum.

- Michael