V3 beta Aug-24-2011 available now

4438.80 In reply to 4438.77 
Michael,

>How many plug-ins do you have installed currently that you are having trouble keeping track of them? Do you often use all the ones that you have installed, or are you just kind of collecting them?

So far I've only experimented with a few of the ones I found on Petr's page that sounded as if they might be useful in the future. (Annoyingly, the "cyber nanny" at work blocks Petr's page as well as the page that shows the names of the scripts with small pictures to illustrate them. And for some reason, my home computer won't load those images so I've never been able to use that "cheat sheet"! (Grumble grumble)). My modeling techniques (mostly because of my Solidworks background) tend to lean heavily on basic tools, extrudes, revolves, sweeps etc. Even a super-cool tool like flow would rarely find use in my projects. (BTW, not a critique of flow which I like, even if I don't know when I'd use it.)

I guess my issue is with knowing what IS available as I work. You know, the right tool for the right job. I've read through the list, but quickly forget what is there (so much to choose from). Perhaps all I really want (now that I think of it) is a pdf "manual" (with lots of pictures!) of the scripts with examples of their implementation. Currently I can't create such a thing myself. Nothing worse than spending hours working around something there's a script for. (For example, I do A LOT of product concepts in Illustrator and only just discovered a script called "round any corner" which in now saving me HOURS of work, but to find that script (by accident) spending hours reading through forums, which I typically don't have much spare time for.)

Anyway, still love this product and plan to eventually incorporate it into my professional work flow.