Octane discussion (branched) Closed

Hello,

Yhwh, someone interested in coming to the root of a problem would gather as much information about the settings as possible, not throw up an image using a different material and mesh density to deflect criticism, that's hardly a "solution". So yes, whether intentional or not your example was not honest, and your response to being called out confirms your true intent. Your thoughts on me being a troll are immaterial to the discussion, background noise, and do not explain the problem that Octane Render has, it's just another attempt at deflection.

You seem to keep forgetting Octane is still a beta product, and as I have said before these problems are expected in beta software. An Octane developer did request the test file, it was provided promptly and there was no response either publicly or privately afterward from the developer. It makes sense from a development and commercial point of view that an explanation be given if it was a problem with the model. I did not receive any statement from the developer to that effect. The "response" from the developer was a request for further information to investigate the matter, I think anyone would agree that is not a solution explanation.

By the way, creating the same scene in modo 501 sp4 gives a similar faceted result in Octane. I created a cylinder primitive, created a plane for the floor and and a plane for the backdrop, and export to OBJ. The problem is repeatable and consistent. If you choose to ignore it I have no problem with it, but others might. I typically like to give my impressions of products, whether good or bad, especially when those products involve someone parting with their hard earned money.

While you think it is insane to pay $2K for a renderer, $140 may be just as serious to those without many funds. I don't think someone would be too happy with this result if they encountered the same result, with no explanation from the developers and an unsatisfactory "solution" from users that masks, rather than fixes the problem.

On a different note, I apologize for the thread hijack Magic and MG.