Octane discussion (branched) Closed

Hello,

You can't explain why it is happening so how could you possibly help with a fix? Ycarry, you were one of the posters who saw no problem with Octane, so why are you here exactly since you don't acknowledge a problem? I don't think I ever got an explanation on why every other renderer I try with this scene renders it properly, except for Octane. I'm not looking for conjecture by any user, I am truly interested in hearing for a developer why this is happening. If you'd read the Octane thread in its correct context you will see that some users acknowledge that there is a problem with Octane and transparent materials. In fact, if you look at some current images involving transparent materials on the Octane forums you will find examples with gross distortions in transparent materials, even the one a user tried to use to say my model was the problem.

Yhwh, are you using a specular material with index around 1.6? Your surface looks highly reflective on the top. Your comparison isn't close enough, a tighter fit would be to see how it looks when viewing through the top and backside of the model. I'm not doing any material mixing at all. You realize that you will see the same faceting when you zoom in on the object given your higher mesh density? Your "test" smacks of dishonesty, I would hope it is unintentional especially when you have access to my test mesh. Increasing mesh density does not solve this problem, if you zoom in even at density 3 using your settings you see the same faceting.