Moi and Ubuntu

4409.66 In reply to 4409.65 
Hi Chyman - I took a look at qtgears.exe using a window examination utility and the render window is indeed a child window - the menu bar, render area and bottom status bar are all separate child windows.

So most likely it is that whole issue with OpenGL rendering into child windows not working correctly with Wine under OSX that is causing qtgears.exe from not working right.

> If you happen to know a simple Wine Direct3D/OpenGL
> application that renders into a regular X window I could
> probably make a test from the "other side"...

I've attached a sample program from the Direct3D9 SDK - because it renders directly to a top level window and not into a child window you will probably find that it works ok, unless you have an old version of Wine maybe.

> Which versions of Wine and XQuartz/X11 have you been
> testing with?

Wine version is 1.3.32. XQuartz version is whatever version comes with Wineskin, I think it's a slightly older and slightly modified version of XQuartz.

The part that's good about using Wineskin is that it puts all of Wine, XQuartz and the app itself all together into one self-contained application bundle that can be run directly like a regular OSX app, so it avoids any need to set up Wine or XQuartz separately. Being based off of this should help for stability quite a bit because I won't have to deal with variations in Wine or XQuartz.

> What type of Mac and OS X version are you running on, if I may ask?

I'm on a current generation Mac Mini using OSX 10.7 Lion. This stuff should work on OSX 10.6 as well but I don't think it is going to work on 10.5 or earlier.

- Michael
Attachments: