Import Point Script Error

4381.37 In reply to 4381.28 
Hi Anthony, I loaded your MOI_EXAMPLE.zip attachment from above.

So now you have the opposite problem - your model is now too extremely huge numerically and that will cause other kinds of problems.

When I select your objects, I can see that the bounding box around them is of this size:

A bounding box width of 4330590 units is extremely huge - that's so far out of scale from the regular fitting tolerance of 0.001 units that it will cause an enormous amount of detail in various calculations, like very heavy control point counts and probably hitting recursion limits in various algorithms.

You should generally target an object size of something like less than 5000 units in overall size with individual features no smaller than 0.05 units, or something similar to that.

If you have features of an extremely small micro size approaching or lower than 0.001 units that will cause a variety of problems, and if you have objects of an exceedingly gargantuan numerical size like more than 6 orders of magnitude above 0.001 units, that will also cause a variety of other kinds of problems.

If you have a project that is unable to work within those limits, you will probably need to use some kind of specialized CAD software to do it and not MoI.

If you want to complete your current project in MoI, my best recommendation is to scale your model to have an overall size of about 10 units across and eliminate the little teeny tiny micro arcs that you have in your profile shapes and instead make your profiles just come to a sharp corner instead of a micro arc curved tip. If you do that you should likely be able to finish your model without issue.

You will be spinning your wheels and running into no end of problems if you try to use either a huge scale or micro sized features as you've been doing so far.

- Michael