Do you feel it?

4363.121 In reply to 4363.120 
Hi Anis, yes I do expect that you will be able to use the Flow command to wrap 3D solid text from a base plane onto a target surface, at least if I can solve some of the remaining issues with surface quality.

> The scenario is just import the scorpion mesh data in
> to MoI ( not create ) then use flow command to wrap
> on to 3D nurbs surface inside MoI.

No, I do not expect for this part to work - as I wrote previously STL mesh data is a different kind of data than NURBS data.

MoI is designed as a NURBS editor, not as an editor for polygon data. So because of this it does not have any functions in it to load and modify polygon data - loading and editing polygon data is something that you should look for in a polygon modeling program, not in a NURBS-focused program like MoI.

You can use Rhino to do that particular kind of editing though - Rhino is kind of a combination NURBS and kind of limited polygon editing program, but it does allow for doing a Flow command on polygon data. If that's what you need then you should get Rhino to do that function - I don't expect for MoI to load and edit STL polygon data in MoI v3.

Just in general MoI is not focused on working directly on polygon data - it can generate polygon data for export to rendering programs though.

For modeling using polygon data (either "creating" the polygon data in the first place, or editing it - it's basically the same thing - using modeling functions to work with polygon data) you will need to use a different program than MoI for that.

- Michael