Import protocols

Hi Michael,

I have another, probably irritating, question.
I use MoI to design projects for my CNC router. I create the drawings in Moi, and then I have to transfer them to a CAM program, either V-Carve Pro, Cut3D, or DeskProto. None of these programs accecpt the *.3dm format, so I have to save the drawing into another. These CAM programs accept the following formats:

*.stl, *.dxf and *.vrml for DeskProto and *.dxf, *.eps, *.ai and *.pdf for the Vectric products.

I have been using the *.ai format but with some problems. I just found out the *.ai doesn't support arcs! No wonder I've been having trouble getting good circles and curves cut. Anyway, I have actually two questions:

1) Right now it appears the *.dxf format is the best to use but, as you well know, MoI doesn't support it. What would to the best way that you can think of to translate *.3dm files into *.dxf?

2) Of the formats that MoI does support, which would be the best for handling circles and arcs as well as lines? Please tell me your choice for each product or product group.

3) (Oops, I gues it was more than two questions) Are you planning to make MoI support any of these other formats?

Thanks,
Mark