3Ds Max Patch Modeling

Thank you very much Michael for your thoughtful explanation.

I used CorelDRAW for graphic design with its anti-aliased BeziƩr curves for the last 20 year so when I found MoI I took to it like a duck to water.
It feels comfortable to work with.
Consequently, I've used Sketchup for a few years, and though it is a polygon based modeler, their approach is based upon building shapes out from each other.
It's easy to draw a shape in 2D on the planar surface of one object and refine it into a more complex one. It's strong suit lies in its "Follow Me" tool, though that tool is limited. I've used a myriad of plug-ins to do features like skinning and more organic shapes.
Ah... but Sketchup can get "polygon heavy" very quickly and it was frustrating dealing with beaucoups of misplaced edges and permanent "sticky" elements.
Sketchup does have strong abilities in Boolean and sweep functions, so I know what you mean by creating larger master objects and cutting away from them to refine the model.

Somewhere in my self-teaching and mindset I desired to craft shapes of an exact nature to be satisfied, so I got used to creating meshes and piecing them together.
I was crafting this pedestal sink basin last night and first used a sweep of four profiles between two closed rings, one a super-ellipsoid made with the Conic tool.
The results were okay, but had ripples in it that radiated from the center. The faucet shelf was okay, but I desired a more flat shape.
I created the lines to make that shape, but would have to resort in using Meshes instead of the Sweep. And in succession, Joined them together.
It left me with the hard edges I've run into before. Wish I could get rid of them, as they show up in renders.

I've also considered fabricating the bottom half of the basin from a solid sweep, then making one of the inside and Trimming it out to form in inner bowl with the Boolean function. Then applying a Fillet to the top rim and bottom hole.
However, I'm often now apprehensive to go that route as both the Fillet often fails to work on the edges of more curved shapes and sometimes the Trimming function does not leave the inside wall that I wanted.
I can do a reach-around with other Boolean functions with some cutting and pasting though.

It's not all a deal breaker. MoI does the job, and it is as easy to operate as the natural media application known as ArtRage.
Thanks for providing the "NoSave" version. I'll be able to feed my MoI addiction until the funds are there.

(In pic below: The left ones are made from Sweeping profiles. I wanted a more specific shape for the back so I made the right ones from Network meshes - Notice the visibility of the sharp intermediate edges)

Mike
Attachments: