surface quality question

Hi Michael,
I'm doing some preliminary tests getting ready for a more detailed project and wanted to check on this surface result before i get too deep in...

My question regarding this surface, is if it looks "stressed" or somehow malformed..

Aside from what is an intended undulation, I'm not sure when I zoom in a bit more if the stuff I see is just a shading glitch or an indication of something wrong.

Also, maybe a good means for me to determine this without bothering you about it? Would applying zebra stripes with Rhino tell me anything about it??

So here is a picture from a bit away showing intended surface with some slight change from front to back.

If I zoom to the surface a bit, I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is just shading glitches show up, or a sign of a poor, stressed surface...

This surface isnt something I drew outright, it's extracted from an area resulting from some blends with booleans and fillets attached.

I examined the point structure and didnt see anything overlapping. Maybe some lack of symmetry from side to side (My original creation method)

And a second question would be if there would be anything for me to gain in my model, after i get deeper into it, by running seperate on what would be now many surfaces and running shrink on the trimmed surfaces and rejoining into a solid?

Thanks for your time.

EDITED: 19 Jun 2012 by BURRMAN