MoI for Architectual modeling

428.28 In reply to 428.27 
> So "typical" grip could be for changing spacing and another type of
> grip (we have two kind of grips now - for scaling the image and for
> rotating the one) for extending the included area "discretely".

That could work. But it is a bit difficult to think of what an "extend area" grip should look like.

Another possibility would be some mode switch drop-down in the command UI area, that would change what the grips did - either changing spacing or changing the area . I don't think that I'll be able to experiment with these right now though, this will have to wait for a future version.

> You want to fill some area with objects while searching for a "form", i.e.
> spacing and number of copies.

For this purpose I was thinking it might be better to be able to select a pre-drawn 2D curve as the area for the array to fill. This could be something that you would do instead of specifying number of copies, there could be a "select area curve" button on the same UI that asks for number of copies, and if you pushed it you would then be prompted to select a boundary curve instead (and I guess pick a base point), before going to the spacing stage. But again I don't think I'll have time to work on this for V1 though.

> Anyway, the new Array-Dir command seems quite helpful from that point of view.

Yeah, I was thinking this new one should give you more of an interactive feel like you were looking for, so for V1 that should help out for this kind of form experimenting.

- Michael