Free Autodesk

4247.22 In reply to 4247.21 
Actually the 400MB wasn't even the whole thing, because the installer spent about 15 minutes downloading even more stuff and spewing it all over the place onto the computer...

Anyway, it seems to run ok on my quad core machine. I'm trying to figure out how to use it by just jumping in and trying things without reading the docs first, and I'm certainly having a lot of "WTF?" moments with various mysterious things popping up and fading away, and various little icons.

At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to just rotate the view with the mouse. Middle drag does a pan, and mouse wheel zooms (also for me in reverse direction than what I'd want), and right-drag seems to drag out a kind of magic blue amoeba snake that then slowly fades away, which is kind of cool but I was hoping there might be an easy view rotate method on one mouse button...

It will probably make a lot better sense after reading some of the documentation.

I'd say it would be a huge stretch to call this "easy to use" though... But there seems to be a lot of power in it.

- Michael