Rim - First Moi3d Model

4211.8 In reply to 4211.7 
Hi Mark,

Thanks very much. Yes, you're right. I have owned Modo since 201, but subdiv modeling seems to be my nemesis. I am alright with small modeling tasks in Modo, but when it comes to big stuff like cars they end up looking like my patio.. all lumpy :( I wanted a modeler that could let me be creative and didn't get in the way.. and Moi has certainly done that. :)

I have just finished the hub bolts, valve and pad plate. I'll upload when it has rendered.. might try a different colour scheme too.

I am seeking some advice for my tyre ;)

1. Can I align text to a curve? I tried yesterday without much success. It is for the side wall of the tyre. I managed to get the Y of yokohama aligned but it was a bit hit and miss using rotate and the bottom to points of the Y to align to a circular curve the same diameter as the centre of the tyre. Is there an easy and accurate way to do this?

2. Also the tread of the tyre. My thoughts are to create a boolean array of blocks or tubes depending upon the style of tread and then diff the array from the tyre. Are there any other ways of doing this?

Thanks again all.

Steve