Text size for printing or milling

A while ago the company I worked for purchased Gemvision. Before they purchased it, I had advised them to hire somebody to train to use the program, but to save a few bucks they trained me to use it. As the only Goldsmith I was now required to do repairs and make ups plus learn matrix as well. Needless to say my time on matrix was infrequent and I learned to use it more of in a quick and dirty style, half the functions I never used anyway.
When the company hired me I told them I was doing work at home on the side, this wouldn't be a problem as long as I didn't steal business from them and I'm careful not to cross that line. I liked using their software to design rings but the program belonged to the company so I couldn't use the software for my customers. I tried out several different programs and didn't like them for various reasons either for the UI or import/export features or learning curve, some were just plain weird. I was considering purchasing Rhino without Matrix when I came across MoI, wow I couldn't believe it, to me MoI is better than Rhino hands down for ease of use and the UI.
A customer I have from another city asked me if I could make a ring for her customer and I said fine. The customer wants to have text on the one shoulder and I thought to myself this would be perfect for my first MoI project.

I've unfortunately never had the chance to use text on a ring and have a few questions.

What are the limits for printing or milling for text size?

Is there a sort of default depth one should use and raise or lower for application?

Would it be wiser to stick with sans serif fonts rather than serif?

Are thin fonts problematic?

Here is a sample of the ring I'm working on, any suggestions will be appreciated.
Image Attachments:
Size: 10.2 KB, Downloaded: 53 times, Dimensions: 324x334px