China paper molding some of the recommendations designed designer

4165.23 In reply to 4165.22 
Hi Aramis, yes there's actually a connection between MoI and Rhino since I'm the one that originally created Rhino.

So in various ways I've been able to use my past experience with creating Rhino to make some improvements and better UI design in many areas when I started completely from scratch with MoI.

Rhino has more of an overall focus of being similar to AutoCAD, and that can work really well for people who have spent a lot of time in AutoCAD, they will probably feel at home very quickly.

But for people who have not spent a lot of previous time working with AutoCAD much of the AutoCAD type stuff like a command line interface can be a lot more difficult to learn initially, it's kind of archaic in several ways.

MoI is designed to be more friendly to people who may not have any CAD background at all.

So they are kind of targeted at some fairly different kinds of users - Rhino is more focused on a more technical user. Rhino has a much larger quantity of tools in it, which can definitely be useful, but also the huge number of tools can also add to the overall difficulty for beginning users.

MoI and Rhino can work very well used in combination with one another actually - you can actually do Ctrl+C copy and Ctrl+V paste to move data back and forth between them, and you can do stuff like draw things in MoI and move your data over to Rhino when you need to use some particular specific tool that's in Rhino only right now.

- Michael