Function Orient

4157.2 In reply to 4157.1 
Hi Pilou, I'm not really sure if I understand what you are describing - could you please post the model file so I could take a look at it?

But the way that Orient works when positioned on a curve is that it puts the z axis of the positioned frame to be pointing towards the eye point.

If that is opposite of what you need at any particular point, there is a "Flip aligned z axis" option that you can check which will reverse the z axis, it's available in the regular command options area here:

Or you can also rotate the camera around to move the eye point to a different position, that will change which direction the positioned z axis will point towards since it points towards the eye point.

It's also possible to rotate the axis frame after it is placed by 90 degrees or 180 degrees, you do that by dragging on one of the axis lines.

> And also curiously we must take another order of axis
> than the normal orientation X,Y,Z by default

By default the source axis will try to orient itself to the object you click on also - that's to make it possible to align some object that is not necessarily itself oriented in the x/y/z axis directions, here's an example:

So note there how that cylinder is not aligned to the world x,y or z axes, but orient works to position it since the base frame aligns itself to the normal of the cylinder's end cap plane?

But if you want you can disable that, there is an "Align to objects" option and if you uncheck it the axis will be placed aligned to the regular x,y,z axis directions rather than adapting to the object's own directions:

Do those options give you what you need?

- Michael