It's been at least a week since the fillet engine has bitten me. =P

4156.7 In reply to 4156.6 
Hi Chris, thanks for posting those previous versions, those are helping me when examining this. I'm still working on it.

I think that one strategy that may help a lot when doing this kind of filleted raised text stuff in the future would be to actually pre-fillet the sort of "side wall" edges of the text before you even boolean the text into the other pieces. Ideally do it actually on the curves before even extruding them, and use a slightly larger radius than the final fillet will use.

That will likely make the last fillet on the final booleaned result to be quite a bit more simple in structure because it will be working with all smooth chains of edges and take a lot of multiple-way junctures out of the picture.

By "side wall" edges I mean these ones here:

I bet having those prefilleted before the booleans and also just slightly larger than the other final fillets would help quite a bit. On the next project like this you should probably give that method a try first and see if it goes well.

I'm still working on your current model here though - there seems to be a couple of different bugs that are coming into play with some of those particular shapes.

- Michael
Attachments: