An unpleasant experience with Bunkspeed

Mr. Gibson, please use your judgement as to the appropriateness of this anecdote and/or rant.

I've been busily using MoI for some time now to design my little toy tanks and spaceships, and sometimes I like a good render. Bunkspeed's Hypershot is exceptionally easy to use, freeing my brain time to concentrate on modelling and production. I purchased their 'web' version, which produces relatively small images, but these are appropriate for miniature development. I paid $300 for this particular version.

You can see some examples at http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv297/Otterman4/Starfire%20source%20art/Starfire%203D%20models/#

I switched to a new computer last week, but as Bunkspeed uses the typical web activation/license server technique, I had to send them an email asking to pretty-please turn my property back on.

A salesman replied within a few days informing me that I had to purchase a $700 upgrade to their latest product. That earned him an unhappy email, and he counter-offered with a free upgrade, but I had to subscribe to their $200 yearly maintenance program.

This made me quite unhappy, and I severed our business relationship and resolved to buy another company's renderer.

Conclusion: buy from Bunkspeed if you want to lose your money.