Suggestions?

4123.51 In reply to 4123.49 
Hi Felix, yup I do have some plans to update MoI's SKP export in the future to use groups, specifically because of that "2 adjacent touching objects" problem, since SketchUp likes to fuse the points of 2 objects that touch unless they are in separate groups.

I've got both that and also translating Style information in MoI into materials in SketchUp on my "todo" list.

The main focus initially for SKP export was just to get geometry transferring well, because that's kind of the most fundamental thing.

> It seems like MOI provide its own version of the default material
> and SU doesn't seem to like it, if you try to select (1 click) the front
> face on the left box from the box file, nothing seems to happen but
> the face is selected (entity info).

Hmmm, I can't seem to repeat this problem over here - I went ahead and installed the latest SketchUp v8 and when I do 1 click on the left box from your box.skp file, it gets selected and changes color. Note that the color shift is very subtle because the face happened to be brightly lit by the light source and the default selection appearance of little light yellow dots is not too far off from that.

Is it just that similarity in colors from the non-selected brightly lit face to the selected one that is difficult to see?

What about if you click on the top or right-side faces that happen to be darker, is it easier for you to see the selection happen in those cases?

MoI does not currently try to set any kind of material information in the skp file, so it just ends up using whatever they decided should be the default.

- Michael