Suggestions?

4123.49 In reply to 4123.48 
Michael,

sorry I didn't reply exactly to your question. Yes, the box from MOI is exactly the same as the box I did as suggested. In the box file, the left box is from MOI, the center box is a box shape made in SU and the right box is a push/pull rectangle made as you suggested. The box2 file show the same box as the one on the right in the box file.

The only difference is the material or the default color if you prefer. It seems like MOI provide its own version of the default material and SU doesn't seem to like it, if you try to select (1 click) the front face on the left box from the box file, nothing seems to happen but the face is selected (entity info). It's probably that phenomenon that confused me.

Though it's not the end of the world, I would prefer personally that MOI solid would turn into a group solid shape in SU and if it's possible, I'd also like the default material to stay as SU default material normally is. Say, I used MOI to create a piece of furniture composed of hundreds of parts, it would be basically impossible to recover each individual part especially if they touch each other, see box3 file where I've drawn 2 cubes (MOI) touching each other, you'll see it's difficult to recover each box, now imagine doing this for a large number of boxes...

This is one of the main reason I don't like the idea of using multiple programs when possible, it seems like there is always something that get lost in translation sort of speak.

Though this may sounds like a critic, it's just an observation and at the risk of repeating myself, the more I use MOI the more I like it and especially I appreciate a lot the time and effort you especially and all the others as well, put in answering my newbie (silly) questions.

Thanks again,
Felix
Attachments: