Suggestions?

4123.43 In reply to 4123.42 
Eric,

I basically agree with every word you wrote. I don't pretend or dream of being or becoming a furniture designer any time soon if ever, I'm much to old for that.

At this time, I'm only trying to "reproduce" pieces of furniture I like, mostly period pieces from our past history here in Quebec adding a few details of my own when possible and I also try to use as much as possible the Golden ratio and Fibonacci numbers when sizing pieces to fit in modern houses.

>That said, tools are important. When I drew by hand my clients would get one perspective view of their project or maybe >only a flat 2D sketch if the project was small. Now they get 3d views from every angle and detailing I could never take the >time for in the past. What they see is what they get so when it is built they don't say 'Oh, I didn't know it was going to >look like that!'

My reasons to "draw" 3D models and rendering them are the same as yours, I simply don't want to ear stuff like you mention above. I also think it could be useful at some point to be able to present the same object but with a few different finishes. You mention also that you don't want to spent more time "drawing" then necessary on small project. Same here, especially that pieces of furniture are always a small project.

I don't think I'll have much difficulties learning MOI but it seems to be another story with rendering. I tried a few things via Sketchup and Kerkythea since I know a little bit about them but the results are not so great to say the least. But I wasn't expecting much to begin with, my little previous experience with this route wasn't satisfactory either. I think Ill have a long road ahead.

Regards,
Felix