Suggestions?

4123.41 In reply to 4123.38 
Eric,

I've seen many MOI tutorials, those of Michael I would think and some from Pilou and I also went through the MOI help files to get an idea of what can be done with it. All this before I even download MOI.

Your the perfect example of what I tried to say earlier, you have an architectural design background and years of experience at it using various tools or apps if you prefer. You probably started drawing on paper as I did and progress to using various software when they became available. But being proficient at using MOI or any other app doesn't necessarily make you a DESIGNER, just as having a boat and a net doesn't make you a fisherman you would also need to learn quite a few things as well, for example knowledge of navigation and some knowledge about fish might be very helpful.

A little clarification about my (very limited) drawing knowledge, I followed a course (45 hours) about 30 years ago on descriptive geometry. On my own, I learn to use a couple 2D cad programs that I used very infrequently over these past 30 years. It's just about 1 year ago that I started using Sketchup because it's easier for my client to visualize things that looks almost like real 3D objects then 2D drawing. About 3 months ago, I got this (crazy) idea of creating a virtual showroom to present models of furniture pieces that I would like to build one day either for my own needs or for potential clients. Thus my very recent interest for 3D design software and rendering. The CNC idea came to me about a year ago as well.

Even before I started thinking of 3D modeling and rendering pieces of furniture, I investigated this idea, what makes a particular design more attractive then others? For my line of work this could translate to: how do student learn? In other words, for me just being capable of drawing things will always be insufficient, it's like something inside me was making me insatiable for more, a lot more.

Thanks,
Felix