Suggestions?

4123.14 In reply to 4123.13 
Michael,

I appreciate a lot your thoughts on choosing between MOI or Rhino, there seems to be some wisdom in what you say.

I've been trying Rhino for a little bit now and unfortunately for them it keeps crashing on me and they imply it's because of my video card. This may be true or not, I don't know, I just know every other apps. I've tried don't crash, so I'm a bit skeptic. I'll give myself the time to learn as much as possible on MOI before making my decision.

The only observation I can make about MOI at this time is that there is no layers and since "drawing" a complete piece like the "armoire" will require quite a few parts, I know by experience the screen will become over crowded and this can be a problem. But since I have BobCad I'm thinking already of importing each part created in MOI and create a single layered model there. If you think of a better solution please let me know.

If I understand correctly NURBS are basically mathematical objects and as such the resolution and or precision of a true surface is only limited in theory by the numerical precision of your computer. But in practice, for displaying or when some meshing is required (which must be almost all the time) the resolution and or precision must be limited by quite a bit such that it can be processed in a reasonable amount of time.

Regards,
Felix