Feature suggestions

Hello Michael,

I discovered Moi recently and would like to contribute some workflow suggestions to what looks like a really nice modeler in the making. Here goes:

- Curve Physics. This assigns dynamics properties like elasticity and rigidity to curves, allowing the designer to interactively twist and bend curves much like you can bend a car antenna, a sheet of soft polymer or a rubber hose. With some collision detection and a tolerance parameter this could also allow a curve to be bent and coiled around another curve or solid interactively.

- Repeating Structure Tool. This would help create structures like honeycomb patterns or more organic patterns where one design element is repeated again and again but the arrangement isn't as simple as an X by Z grid. A lot of possibilities here in my opinion.

- Drill and Stamp tools. A shortcut for drilling holes of a given diameter or shape through an object, or using a boolean object as an additive/subtractive stamp.

- Flow Erode. A function that has an effect on objects similar to rocks becoming eroded and rounded by flowing water. Could be useful for giving designs a more rounded, streamlined or aerodynamic look.Could be coupled to curve physics to make it more than a simple "round my object" feature.

- Fit Analyzer. A function that helps to spot problems with interlocking objects. Particularly useful would be the ability to define joints like hinge or ball socket between two objects and have the fit analyzer display the degree of freedom each has before parts of the objects lock or grind against each other.

Hope some of this proves useful. Looking forward to the next beta.

- d