External file open

4064.4 In reply to 4064.3 
Hi Burr,

> I was trying stuff and ended up with ie opening with this type of address:
>
> moi://ui/hello_world.txt

So that probably means that you were trying interfaces that actually belong to the Internet Explorer API, those are for controlling the browser and can do some things like opening up a new browser window.

But the APIs in that area are more focused on stuff that you can do from a web browser.

Could you describe a little more about what you're trying to do? If I had a bit more of an idea I might be able to point you towards some particular areas of the Windows API that are relevant. But for launching programs or opening documents ShellExecute that is part of the windows shell functions is the main one for that.

> Just getting my head around that working inside
> of the MoI command interface is a bit different..

Well, one part that is the same though is that if you find any JScript code examples for doing various stuff you can run that same code in MoI as well. There is quite a bit of JScript code out there because it's frequently used as a way to automate tasks in Windows, there is a mechanism in Windows called the "Windows Script Host" that lets you run scripts in a few various different scripting languages, and JScript is one of the most commonly used languages.

- Michael