Drawing winglets

I'm playing around with a design for an RC size airplane (probably 7-8' wing span by the time I'm done with everything.) Right now I just have the wings squared off at the ends, but it would be really cool to be able to draw up some futuristic winglets. Here are a few examples of the sorts of things I'm talking about.

http://catalina.flightgear.org/curt/PhotoAlbums/2008%20EAA%20Air%20Venture/EAA%20Winglets/

I'm pretty new to MoI and not a super skilled 3d modeler. I took a couple random stabs in the dark to see if I could make something work, but so far I haven't been able to come up with much. So I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any good ideas for how I could approach this?

I have curves that define that airfoil shape (the last wing rib at the tip of the wing) .... I have to match up to that. But I don't have a specific winglet design that I'm married too, anything outboard of the last wing rib I can pretty much freeform however I want to make it look cool.

If I could figure out some basic strategies for creating/blending/extruding? the winglet then I figure I can play around from there.

Thanks,

Curt.